Library Databases - a Great Place to Start
Consumer Health Complete
Covers all areas of health and wellness from mainstream medicine to holistic and integrated medicine. Includes topics such as aging, cancer, diabetes, drugs and alcohol, fitness, nutrition and dietetics, and children's health.
Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition
Articles on nursing and allied health.
Magill's Medical Guide Online
Medical information for student research and for patients and caregivers.
Information on diseases and conditions, hospitals and physicians, and medical drugs. Includes links to a medical encyclopedia and dictionary, and clinical trials. From the National Library of Medicine/National Institutes of Health.
Health Web Sites
- Healthfinder (Dept. of Health and Human Services)
- Centers for Disease Control (also includes emergencies, disasters, traveler's health, workplace safety)
- Santa Clara Valley Health and Hospital System (includes links to Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, Public Health and Mental Health Departments)
- Council on Aging Silicon Valley
- California Dept. of Health Care Services (includes Medi-Cal info)
- PlaneTree Health Information Center (consumer health library)