- Customers First
- Teach Customers
- Reinvent Environments
- Enable Staff
San José Libraries are making national news by stepping up to the challenge of library redesign for the customers of today. We have been listening to our customers, and our new model provides an experience of comfort, convenience, choice and excellent customer service. It's the San José Way!
- San José Way fact sheet
- Client list
- Customer Service: Train the Trainer manual
- Signage guidelines
- Visitor behavior study by Envirosell
- Presentation on redesigning libraries with retail look & feel
Structured presentations to individuals or groups describing philosophy, strategy, and implementation issues, followed by discussion, guided tours, or hands-on consultation that moves the concept from theory to action. Nature of the "hands-on consultation" is dependent upon location. There is no limit to the number of attendees. We encourage you to bring in key stakeholders to assist in your implementation.
Consultation can be done at San José Public Library or off-site at your library. Visit us for first-hand observation or we'll visit you.
- Our Service Model: the how and why behind the way we do business
- Collection Merchandising: reengineer the stacks for a more customer-friendly library
- Merchandising Magic: show off your collections and increase circulation
- Customer Service: shift to a customer-driven model focusing on interactions, not transactions
- Customer Service: Train the Trainer: we'll train your managers to train their own staff on approachability, connection, and closure
- Design: rethink the physical space to serve customers better
- Self-Service: help your customers be self-sufficient
- Staff Empowerment: enable your staff to go beyond transactions to build customer relationships
- Ambassador Academy: how we trained staff in all job classifications to be champions of the model at their worksites
- Tour: we'll walk through facilities, yours or ours, and point out opportunities
- California Library Association 2012 Annual Conference, "From Japan With Love: LEANing your Library (PowerPoint download)".