Jobs at the Library
How to Apply
To apply for San José Public Library jobs, please visit the City of San José’s employment page at www.sanjoseca.gov/cityjobs and click on the "all City Job Opening" link.
There are currently no open job postings. Learn how to be the first to discover new employment opportunities with San Jose Public Library.
Why work at San José Public Library?
It is an exciting time in San José! With overwhelming support from our communities and our City Council we are increasing our open hours at all of our library branches. Would you like to work for one of the most exciting and innovative library systems in the nation? Now is your opportunity!
San José Public Library offers:
- Culturally diverse population of nearly 959,000 in the country's 10th largest city.
- One of the busiest library systems nationwide with an annual checkout rate of nearly 14 million items.
- Award-winning innovation and leadership: 2004 Thomson Gale/Library Journal Library of the Year and 2011 National Medal for Museum and Library Service, the nation’s highest honor for a library.
- New expanded hours for all branch locations
- Library Parcel Tax expansion recently approved by San José Voters
SJPL Employment Notifications
Don’t miss out on important SJPL employment opportunities. Stay connected through one of more of the following ways:
- Join our mailing list by emailing Personnel@sjlibrary.org
- Set up a job notification through the City of San José‘s Employment page
- Like SJPL on Facebook
Library Career Employment Workshops and Webinars
SJPL hosts and participates in various library employment workshops and webinars. To be notified of future and workshops email Personnel@sjlibrary.org.
- None scheduled at this time. Check back soon.
SJPL has an extensive volunteer program. To find more information on current volunteer opportunities and to start gaining valuable and rewarding experience working in a library, go to the SJPL’s Volunteer page to sign up.