Statement of Policy & Text
The Adaptive Technology Center on the 2nd floor is open only to authorized and registered DRC students, faculty, and staff.
Need for the Policy
This policy will help to:
- Outline library resources available to SJSU students and to direct other library patrons to appropriate and available resources
- Provide guidance for the staff that provide customer service to disabled patrons
Requirements & Guidelines
All stations are loaded with MaGic, a screen magnification program, and Jaws, a screen reader. Only the 3rd floor General Collections ADA stations have adjustable tables.
- JKLLAT01 located in 2nd row of computer terminals
- JK1AT01 located across from the Information Desk-beneath the Children's Room sign
- JK1AT02 located in the Children's Room
- JK2ATRE04 (on east side) and JK2ATRE05 (on north side) research stations
- JK2AT01, JK2AT02 and JK2AT03 reservable computers located on west side of floor.
- JK3AT01 located behind service desk
- JK3AT02 located in Teen Center-north eastern corner
- Chroma CCD, a text enlarger, located behind service desk
- Kurzweil 1000™ Software & Scanner, located on the right side of the Service Desk (as viewed from the Atrium)
- JK5AT01 located facing terrace on the east side of the building
TTY is available. For Circulation, please call 808-2000, and for Reference questions, contact 808-2083.
For information on ADA accomodations, contact:
Toby Matoush, SJSU Liaison, 808-2096
Diane White, SJPL Liaison 808-2384
All Library staff, especially Adaptive Technology
|Reviewed and approved by:||Signature/Name||Date of Approval|
|SJPL Liaison||Diane White||8/15/03|
|SJSU Liaison||Toby Matoush||8/15/03|
History & Dates
Category of Policy : Special Services
Author(s): SJSU Liaison for ADA Material Issues; Toby Matoush
Authorized by:Toby Matoush and Diane White
Date(s) of Revision(s):2/23/05, 8/15/07,8/23/07, 4/20/11