Customized Tours and On-site Consultation on a Specific Aspect
Tours will be customized per the client's needs to further explore any module. For example, if the client wants to further evaluate the implementation opportunities presented in any of the Modules, the consultant would provide a tour in San José Libraries or the client's library(s) to provide further explanation and evaluation.
At San José Public Library:
A guided tour of 2-3 SJPL libraries, including the Brandenburg Browsing Center at the new joint-use King Library, will demonstrate the ways in which the San José Way Service Model concepts look and operate in our libraries while increasing customer satisfaction. Feel the difference!
At Your Library:
An experienced consultant will highlight areas of your existing library ideally suited for any San José Way Service Model transformation and walk you through specific elements and how to make changes. Topics depend on individual library situations but may include:
- Customer-centric and self-directed layout
- Location of browsing collections within service areas, implementing enticing display methods, choosing fixtures and display units
- Simple ways to update the library and make it more welcoming
- Streamline the check-in process
- Single Service Point transition
- How staff roles may change with implementation