- May 31 - King Library Opens at 1:00 PM
Thirty Days to go! Are you ready?!
Throughout the month we'll keep you updated with the Seven Trees Branch Library - Grand Opening!
Look forward to hearing about events, programs, and more!
1. The number of books read during the summer is consistently related to academic gains. (Bridging the Summer Reading Gap, 2003)
2. Children who read six or more books over the summer gained more in reading achievement than children who did not. (Bridging the Summer Reading Gap, 2003)
3. One to three months of academic growth can be lost over the summer. (National Summer Learning Association)
4. Students who do not engage in educational activities during the summer typically score lower on tests at the end of summer than they did at the beginning. (Summer Learning Loss: The Problem and Some Solutions).
5. Libraries contribute to the intellectual growth of children during the summer. (Making the Case for Library Services to Children and Teens, State Library of North Carolina)