Start Here - Articles & More!
History Reference Center
Full-text articles from reference books, encyclopedias, and non-fiction books. For high school level and up.
Opposing Viewpoints in Context
Learn about current social issues with pro/con viewpoint essays, periodical articles, biographies, images, podcasts and more.
World Book Timelines (Grades 4-12)
Explore hundreds of pre-generated timelines across eight broad topics which cover various time periods in history or span the life of historical public figures. Or create yourown timeline from scratch, adding events, descriptions, and media.
- Sparknotes History Study Guides
- internet History Sourcebooks Project (directories of links, primary sources)
- Perseus Digital Library (primary sources; mostly Greece, Rome, and 19th Century America)
- American Cultural History - 19th Century
- American Cultural History - 20th Century
- American Memory Collection (Library of Congress)
- Digital History (textbook & primary sources)
- Documents for the Study of American History
- Encyclopaedia Britannica's Guide to Black History
California & San José History
- List of Historic Sites in Santa Clara County
- Online Archive of California
- San José Library Digital Collections
- Silicon Valley History Online